Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Where do I start?

A brief history...

I found my first geocache in June, 2006 (during the REI class).  There's no way I will go back and write about the past year and a half in this blog, I'd be typing for days!

What I will say is that the past year and a half of geocaching has brought me to lots of new places and has given me countless hours of fun and entertainment, with and without the dogs, hanging out with friends, getting away from the stress of work, etc.  I've gone geocaching mostly in the Folsom/Roseville/Sacramento area. But I've also taken a few trips to Oceanside/San Diego and Lake Tahoe to geocache as well.  I've even squeezed in a few caches while traveling to the Bay Area too. I love that it gets me out to new places and forces me to "think out of the box" and use my head to figure things out (i.e., if I were hiding a cache, where would I hide it?)

A few weeks ago, I found my 800th geocache.  Guess you could say I'm addicted! I hope to highlight some of my adventures on a regular basis via this blog.  

No comments: