I have found that unless I'm geocaching with a friend, its too difficult to geocache with two dogs. Since I was planning on geocaching on Sunday and would take Zucchini, I figured I'd take Hope with me on Saturday...so Zucchini was relegated to the crate for a few hours while Hope and I went out.
Having bought a Sacramento County Parks Pass earlier in the year, we hit the American River area near Hazel and Sunrise; an area I had never been to before. Hope and I found 6 caches that day and probably hiked about 2-3 miles. There is a series of caches called the "Snookered" series in which you need to find around 60 geocaches in order to find the final cache. I knocked out a few more caches in that series today.
It was too funny, as I was pulling the ducks out of the container and setting them up on a fallen tree, a couple of them fell off the tree onto the ground. Hope, being the good service dog reject that she is, was glad to pick up the fallen ducks off the ground when I gave her the command "get", and handed them to me when I gave her the command "give". What a good girl! I actually ended up with two ducks at the end, oops, but used an educated guess as to which duck contained the correct coordinates to the final cache location.
This cache is probably one of my all-time favorites in terms of creativity. Here's a picture of Hope with the duckies....
No comments:
Post a Comment