My friend Jill and I went on a 5.5 mile hike in Auburn on Sunday, Dec 23, a few days before Christmas. She had scoped out an area in the Auburn State Recreational area for us to hike and cache. Today, it was not about the numbers, but instead it was about taking the dogs for a nice hike and to find some caches along the way.
She brought two dogs along today, Omeeka who she is fostering, and Metro, a dog she raised who graduated as a Skilled Companion. She was watching Metro while his family was out of town for the holidays. I also brought along Hope and Zuleika for the day. 2 people, 4 dogs, guess we were outnumbered.
We hiked on a nice 4-mile loop and found a total of 4 caches today. A few of the caches were 3/3.5 terrain, we certainly earned those terrain ratings on a couple of those hills! We stopped for lunch at a high point that gave us a good view of the Middle Fork of the American river. The picture above is Hope resting on Omeeka, talk about dog-tired, huh?
The dogs also came home with some ticks, ugh. Jill said she counted about 13 on her two dogs. I only found one on Hope's head, hard to see them on the black dogs so I just hope I found them all.
No comments:
Post a Comment