There was a new series of caches hidden recently called "Hanging in the Park" that I thought I would go find today. In order to find the 3rd cache, you had to find the first two caches as each cache contained half the coordinates to the 3rd cache. Even though it was still early, there were people in each park that I went to in search of the caches, so it was nice to have Hope with me to act as a "dog distractor" and not arouse any suspicion to the "muggles" in the park that might see me looking for the caches and who might wonder what the heck I was doing.
I guess she was good luck for me as I found all 3 geocaches in the series pretty easily. I snatched up another easy cache in a parking lot on the way to a new trail in Folsom where another cache was hidden. In order to find this cache, you first had to solve a puzzle, this one was rated 3.5 difficulty, 1.5 terrain.
I'm up to 885 finds, I was thinking of finding my next 15 caches before the end of May so that I can make an event called GeoWoodstock my 900th logged find. This is an event being held in the Sacramento area for the first time, basically a "Woodstock" event for geocachers on Memorial Day Weekend. My friend, Waterlassie, is coming up from San Diego to attend. I better get my butt in gear if I want to make it considering how little caching I've been doing lately.
No comments:
Post a Comment