Since I am now officially off of caching restriction (I finished my taxes last night...), I decided to take the dogs for a walk this morning. I saw a new trail by my house and decided to see where it went. Well, 6 miles later,...it's amazing how 6 miles on a flat trail is like nothing to me now after that grueling hike in Peru!
I went to a cache called "venom wall" that you had to scale a retaining wall to get the cache. Half way up (it must have been about 50 feet up) I heard some "muggles" up above so I just hung out on the wall. I looked down at the dogs below me as I had put them in a "sit" and they were both staring up at me like, "What the heck are you doing, you crazy person..." I probably looked a little like Spiderman hanging on the wall, and those people were going nowhere so I came back down. We continued our walk and found a cache down the trail and I figured I would get this cache on the way back. On the way back, there were more muggles on the trail. Ugh, guess we'll have to save this one for another day.
I took the dogs to another nearby park and we had to cross a swampy field (I was on "snake alert" the whole time) to get the cache, I was surprised to find a geocoin in the cache, so that was a bonus. Another nearby cache had a coin in it too, so I grabbed it even though I have already logged the cache.
It was actually really nice to get out and grab some caches today, its been way too long. Although I do have to admit, I'm less excited to go now that the snakes are out. My tally for the day was three caches, 2 geocoins, 6 miles of walking, and 2 happy dogs who were happy to get out. Yesterday was a boring day for them since I worked on my taxes all afternoon.
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment