Sunday, April 13, 2008

Non-caching weekend

Well the intentions were good, but just never materialized. Since there wasn't any puppy classes this weekend, I thought I might go hiking to look for some caches, or at least get some urban ones nearby on Saturday. But no, nada, nothing...

Here are my excuses:

1. Its springtime and my allergies are bad, see all that white stuff on the trees that's blowing all over? Well, I'm allergic to it. I took the dogs out for a walk yesterday morning and came back with watery eyes and was all stuffed up. I'm also allergic to dogs, but I'm in denial about that since that would mean that I'd have to get rid of mine...not gonna do that. But I did clean the house a little more thoroughly on Saturday to pick up as much dog hair as I could. I've gotten kind of lazy about that since I got back from vacation. That sucked up more hours this weekend.

2. Since I started my new job, I've been going to work really early, which means I wake up at about 4:15am to get into the office by 6am. By the end of the week, I'm trashed and need a nap to catch up on sleep. I'm hoping this crazy schedule will only last through this month while I'm training with a guy in India. There goes another couple of hours... zzzzzzz

3. Hope and I did a hospital visit at Sutter this morning, which means she gets a bath, teeth brushed, nails dremeled, ears cleaned, etc., the whole nine yards. So while I'm doing her, I figure I might as well do the same for Zucchini since the bathtub/grooming table/dryer is all set up anyway. Then we go to the hospital. There goes another half a day.

4. Since Zucchini had to stay home crated for a few hours while I was with Hope and because I've been kind of lazy about taking her places, I took her with me all over Folsom to run errands and work on commands in places with more distractions. There goes another few hours...

But all is not lost for geocaching. I did solve about 3 puzzles caches this weekend to get the coordinates for the physical geocache. Now I just need to go out and find them!

Work and chores just get in the way of geocaching....maybe next weekend...

No comments: