What a great little area in the urban jungle. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it is something I love about geocaching -- it takes you to places you would never go to. This is so close to my house, but have I ever been here before? No. Geocaching gives you the excuse to go.
We found four geocaches here. The area is called a Wetlands, but it wasn't too wet, just a little muddy from recent rains. And this is definitely not an area during snake season. In fact, Wetpaws was telling me about a multi-cache (now archived) that had a stage where there was a huge swarm of ants at one stage, a rattlesnake den near another, and that she had actually stepped on a rattler as she was walking through the grass! I went and looked up the cache page for that multi and there were several pictures posted of HUGE rattlers, reports of ticks, etc. Yikes! Luckily, we saw none of that today!
Afterwards, we decided to drive down the road a bit and take the dogs swimming at the Lake. They had a lot of fun. There was a cache along the levee that I've never looked for as it was down in the rocks below the levee and I couldn't leave the dogs unsupervised at the top of the levee. Today was the day! I went down first while Wetpaws held onto the dogs and spent a bunch of time looking for the cache and just couldn't spot anything. The dogs were getting inpatient, so I came back up to stay with the dogs, and Wetpaws went down to look. She was going to give up and on her way up, spotted the cache! Thanks to her, I had got a freebie find...this one would have bothered me since I walk the dogs here all the time. Phew...
Nick and Hope at the sign for Mormon Island...
Maggie, Hope and Nick at one of the cache locations:
A beautiful area...
No comments:
Post a Comment