Saturday, February 20, 2010

Homage to the Brothers Grimm

Met my caching friend Wetpaws and her geo-dog Maggie for a fun day out by the river today to find a multi-cache called "Homage to Brothers Grimm" (GC1JZ6H) It was a multi-stage cache, each stage with a theme from a Grimm Brothers Fairytale. Of course, I am not going to give any secrets away, but this is a must-do cache if you want to have some fun.

Seriously, the stages were so creative and fun; the creativity that went into making this cache was amazing. Made you use your head and problem-solving skills. Its caches like this that make caching so much fun. This cache was placed by the same hiders who hid the California Gold Rush cache that I found for my 1000th cache. I thought that one was my favorite, but this one is right up there in terms of favorites too. They also did the night cache I found several months ago. Wow, can't wait to see what they come up with next.

This is a picture of Nick at one of the stages called "Rapunzel" (haha) retrieving and replacing this stage was a blast!


Nick says, I don't think I look good as a blond...


This is a picture of Maggie and Nick near one of the stages...


Maggie celebrates the finding of the final stage by adorning herself with some of the decorations in the cache. :-)


And, finally, a picture of Nick with a sign that was on the cache container at the final stage that contained the logbook and was filled with lots of themed "swag" that went along with the theme of the cache....


In addition to this, we found a couple of other caches. One of them was a puzzle cache that we finally figured out after we sat down and looked at the puzzle. 

The 3rd cache was a cache I had DNF'd a long time ago with some friends. I was out here with Hope a few months ago and just started looking for it when we spotted a coyote staring at us. Not wanting to jeopardize our safety, I retreated and didn't finish looking for it. Today, third time was the charm as the saying goes. It was still a tricky find, but didn't take too long.

Some challenging caches to find today, but no DNF's and a great day! My finds are at 1070 now! WooHoo!

No comments: