Friday, May 29, 2009

Just killing time...

The one nice thing about geocaching is it gives you something to do when you have time to kill. I had loaded up my GPS with some caches for Costa Mesa/Irvine where I was staying a few weeks ago when I took the dogs down there for a disaster drill and our HOPE meeting. 

There was one I just couldn't pass up, it was right by the hotel where I was staying. I guess my "geo-sense" is bad since I don't cache much anymore, it took me a long time to find it, but at least I did.

After the dogs had finished playing evacuee dogs in a disaster drill, I felt I owed them a walk and some chill time.  Plus, we had some time to kill before we were meeting up with friends.  I found a nearby bike trail that looked like a nice place to walk the dogs, turned on the GPS and the trail was littered with caches.  We had a nice walk along a nice bike trail and found 3 caches, not bad for a 30 minute walk.

954 caches found, getting close to the big milestone!

No comments: