Since the TB was a kayak, I decided I would place it in a cache I had found previously by kayak. Last week when I was out paddling, I had it with me with plans to drop it off, but the water was so high, there was no place to land my boat and nothing to tie it off even if I landed the boat. I don't do stupid things when I'm paddling by myself...why risk the possibility of having my boat drift off just to drop off a TB?
Well, today was the day. I had actually taken Hope for a hike near the cache site in the morning and because the water was so low, there was plenty of beach to park the boat without any risk of it drifting off. So I dropped off the TB - finally! This is a picture of the TB on the way to the cache site.

Here is the bug on the beach near the cache site (its sitting on the branch, which also doubled as Hope's swimming stick!)...

On another note, Molly's TB has now traveled to a cache in St. Louis! Several weeks ago I had checked on the geocaching website to see if anybody had visited the cache she was sitting in. To my dismay, the cache had been archived. I immediately wrote to the cache owner to see if he had removed the container and if he could send the TB back to me. It turns out that the cache owner's son had taken her TB and had dropped it in a cache in St. Louis, but did not log it properly. So hopefully whoever picks her up will log it properly when they pick it up. I'm glad she's at least still moving....
No comments:
Post a Comment