Don't tell Zucchini, but I took Hope to Folsom Lake in the afternoon after finishing up some chores. I had actually scoped out a place to hide a cache, but drats, it was too close to another cache that is already hidden. One of the rules of geocaching.com is that a cache can't hidden closer than .10 miles of another cache. Rats! We only hiked a couple of miles yesterday, because actually my ankles were still sore from walking on that rocky trail on Saturday.
Monday, March 3, 2008
Tough dog
Well, two days after our long hike, Zuleika is showing no signs of a limp, phew! I kept her quiet all day, well most of the day, she got to play with Skipper and Hope in the morning when Skipper's puppy raiser came to pick up her pet dog Maddy who I was watching for the week while she was on vacation. She's a tough dog, no signs of any permanent damage from all that hiking. The bad part is that I'm going to have to hike that hill again to get that other cache I wanted. The cache is part of the Snookered series where you have to find something like 60 caches in order to get the coordinates for finding the final cache. I was thinking it would be fun to get that one for my 1,000th find. It may have to wait til next year...there's no way I'm going to do that hike when the weather starts getting warmer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You almost hid a cache?!! WooHoo! I'll bet you could hide one somewhere along that 10-mile trail you were on the other day....
Keep looking!
Kisses to Z and H =)
Post a Comment