
My muggle friend Kirstin and her dog Carlo joined Hope, Zuleika, and I today for a hike in the Salmon Falls area again. I knew I wouldn't be doing much geocaching as I had mostly cleared out the area a few weeks ago. We went out to the "Magic Bridge" as I wanted to check out some of the trails across the way (and where there happened to be a few geocaches, of course!). The last time I was out here with Zucchini it was starting to rain so we turned around.
We enjoyed a nice stroll to the bridge, stopped to take a few pictures of the dogs on the bridge, and then proceeded across it to the hiking trail. There were a few cows grazing nearby which I thought was weird as we were in a recreation area, but whatever. As we continued up the trail, we noticed the cows intently staring at us, a few started walking towards us, we stopped to see what they would do. They went back to grazing so we continued on. All of a sudden one of the big black ones started heading directly towards us. It was then that we realized the cow was actually a bull! The thing was huge and kept walking straight towards us and there was no love in his eyes. We stopped but he kept coming towards us so we turned back and took another side trail leading away from them not wanting to get charged by the thing. As we got to the top of the hill to see what they were doing, a mountain biker coming towards us from that direction says something like, "Did you see how big that bull was?"
Well, that trashed our plan for the day, as we needed to hit a trail close to where the bull was. We ended up heading out towards some other trails that paralleled the river instead, that dang bull was not about to ruin our day. This picture was taken on our way back with the cows/bulls in the background, just to prove they were there if nobody believed us. ;-)

I guess I do have something to write about geocaching, I dropped off a Travel Bug in a cache that I had already found. My muggle friend got to see what an ammo can looks like.
The tally for the day, just under 3 hours of hiking, 6.67 miles, 0 geocaches, 0 ticks, and no bull...

In case you are wondering, the yellow dog is Carlo, Zucchini is the taller black dog, and Hope is the shrimpy little black dog who looks so unhappy in every single picture. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment