Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It's NOT about the Numbers!

Yah, right...the funny thing about geocaching is sometimes it IS about the numbers! The few times I've met other geocachers in person one of the questions that usually comes up is, "how many finds do you have?" I guess the more finds you have, the more credible you are...or in reality, maybe it means the more addicted you are.

There are several websites that allow you to track all your geocaching statistics -- one of my favorites are the stats that are listed in my profile on the geocaching website. Basically you upload a file of your finds and it does all these fancy statistics and spins your finds data into different categories.

I found a website (www.cacherstats.com) a long time ago when I had found 200 caches as it ranks geocachers with 200+ finds. I haven't looked at it in a while, so I looked tonight...I'm currently at 846 finds, and my ranking is #733 out of #2700 in the state of California and #6007 out of #15500 in the World. Kinda fun to see where I rank...not that it's about the numbers or anything.

I'm trying to figure out what I want to do for #1000 as to me that's a huge milestone. We'll see what happens...

1 comment:

Steff said...

Pam,
I have been enjoying reading and learning all about geocaching from your blog. I'm totally impressed with your numbers! Sure sounds like something I'd like to do but unfortunately I know myself too well... it would be just one more hobby I don't have enough time to do. So I am happy to follow along on your adventures for now!
~Steff