Sunday, December 27, 2009

Closing in on 1,000

I am closing in on that 1000th cache!

A few weekends ago, I went out to Bannister Park with Hope to grab a few more to get me closer to that 1,000th find. This is a picture of Hope at a cache that I went out to a few years ago with some friends which we could not find after several minutes of looking. Today, I found it in 2 minutes, its funny how that happens...sometimes you just wonder how you can miss something so big!


I also found a Letterbox Hybrid out there. There's so much stuff to keep track of when logging a letterbox, stamp my stamp in the cache's logbook, stamp the stamp from the cache in my logbook (because I like to keep track of each Letterbox I find on a waterproof tablet). Hope just got tired of waiting and laid down, haha.


These are all the stamps/logbooks from the cache...


Hope says, "Are you done yet? Can I just go for a swim now?"


A few days ago, I knew I was going to try to get together with Wetpaws for my milestone cache, so I went out to an area by Folsom City Park / Rodeo / Zoo and found 6 more caches to put me at 999 finds. It had just rained last night and was actually still drizzling when I left with Hope to find these caches.

I had been out to this area before a while back, but there were a bunch of new caches I had not yet found. One of them was a cache by the River near where we kayak, where Hope and I had to do some scrambling on the rocks to get to Ground Zero. Well, it was probably not the smartest thing to do as the rocks were not only slippery from last night's rain, but the moss on the rocks was really slick too. Even though my hiking boots have pretty good traction, I had to be very careful so I wouldn't fall and break my neck! It took a while to find the cache as there were so many hiding places and I also realized I had tried for this cache when it had first gotten published a few years ago, but I spotted a snake close by so I gave up looking. Some things are just not worth it!


Onward and upward to 1,000.... :-)

No comments: